“ I Can’t Change The Direction Of The Wind, But I Can Adjust My Sails To Always Reach My Destination.” -Jimmy Dean-
When I say successful people, I’m not referring to celebrities like Bill Gates or Warren Buffet. It’s obviously wonderful to meet them but you may never get a chance. In my view, a successful person could be the owner of a local business or a famous author or just any other local guy whom you consider successful. The one common thing I have noticed when ever I met them is that they are not extra ordinary people but just normal people with extra ordinary attitude. This gives me the feeling that I can do it too provided I develop the attitude that they have. If you really want grow in your life, always talk to people better than you and more successful than you. While it’s not advisable to follow their path blindly, you can definitely draw inspiration and develop a winner’s attitude.
2013 was a great year for me as far as new year resolutions are concerned. Contrary to my past records, I did achieve some of my goals. I lost 7 kg weight, started making some money online (although not a significant amount), started tracking my expenses regularly, spent a lot of great time with my son etc. My significant failure was not learning Arabic as per the plan. I’ve a 20 point plan for 2014 which I hope can make me way more happier. The list is given below. I wish all of you a great new year.
- Spend Less Time Online – It killing my creativity, making me unproductive and not making me happy
- Watch No Television – Did not find any program enjoyable during the year except for some comedy shows which I can watch ad-free in you tube
- Watch No Indian Movies – 80% of the movies I watched were horrible. Why do something if the failure rate is 80%
- Buy No New Gadgets – I have all gadgets I need.. if not more
- Buy Less Things in General – I had an analysis of my life so far and found that ‘things’ particularly do no make me happy
- Throw Away All Unwanted Stuff – I hate clutter
- Read More (Both Fiction & Non Fiction) – Detective/Crime fiction and a variety of non-fiction
- Write More (Blog) – My plan is to post at least an article every week
- Care Less About ‘Being Perfect’ – Most of my plans fail because I want to do it perfectly
- Make a Stable Income Stream Online – I earn a small amount online. Want to increase the amount and make it more stable too
- Call People rather than email or chat or text – This way I’ll contact fewer people but will have better connections
- Meet People in Person – Same reason as above
- Exercise Regularly – Because.. you know why
- Eat Good Stuff – Again.. you know why
- Eat Only When Hungry – If I’m eating when not hungry, probably I’m eating food meant for somebody else.. Ok.. I just want to be healthier
- Help People – Happiest moments in my life are those when I was able to bring a genuine smile on somebody else’s face
- Learn Arabic – I’ve started liking Arabic culture more than before.. I think learning language would be great idea
- Spend More Time with Arjun – He is going back to India this year while I’m staying back for the time being. Yet, I’ll be with him whenever possible
- Sharpen Technical Skill Required at Work – I should do justice to my pay cheque
- Join Aam Aadmi Party – This won’t happen since I’m not in India… Just a wish
Do you have a 2014 bucket list?